Friday, December 25, 2009

Mandolin Build # 2

I have started a new Mandolin build . The following pics will show the basic progression of the instrument. The following is the Hard Maple back that has been shaped to the design.


The next Pic shows the back glued to the sides , kerfing in place and reinforcing set in an X pattern for bracing . I have used solid wood cuts for the harder parts of the design as you can see .


The neck is glued up and ready for the band saw .


Gluing and clamping the tone bars in place after the basic shape of the top has been cut



The finished glued top . Note the "oval sound hole" I messed up the project as you will see soon.



The Neck glued in place with the fret board Fretted and fitted and glued in, The tuner holes have been drilled as well.


The layout of the Pearl inlays at the head angle.



The top glued in place and the unit ready for final sanding for the finish . Note the "diamond sound hole " hey I'm good lol . The color stain under the finger board was done prior to gluing


I will have pictures of my project comming up as I continue into the finishing stage . Thanx for stopping by and looking over my little project.


2 comments:

Tina Marie the Willow Witch said...

very nice, is this for you or are you going to sell it? The banjo came out nice too.

Evans email is potzele32@yahoo.com
so you can talk trees only not smack about me....do you hear me coffee boy?

Karen Deborah said...

These are really nice. time for you to start an online business.

Merry Christmas hope it was happy.